Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Sound of Music

We are constantly reminded that, especially during hoildays, "driving and drinking don't mix." But actually there are many things that don''t mix very well. I have no problem washing dishes or cleaning my house while listening to music. However, I've found it very difficult for me to read, while I'm listening to music. So easily I get distracted, and I'll end up singing along with the CDs.
About music...I've been quite picky on choosing CDs these days; anything that I don't feel like to listen to, I''ll turn it off within a sec.
About movie...
I watched "The Sound of Music" on Christmas Eve, and I'm not embarassed to tell you it was a wonderful movie. Out of my expectation, the movie was surprisingly good, even though the opening and ending are little bit boring. It's truely a classic. The most enjoyable part is that you can really learn how to sing, The songs are charming and simple. I like "Do Re Mi" and " My favourite thing" the best. They are very educational. What a joy!
I can still recite (I'm not lying) the lyric of "Do Re Mi".
Do A dear A female dear
Re (Ray)A drop of golden sun
Mi (Me)A name I call myself
Fa (Far) A long long way to run
So (Sew) A needle pulling thread
La A note that follow So
Ti (Tea) A drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Do!

Hey, don't be shy, be a child. Enjoy~~

No comments: